Sunday, January 13, 2013

Adventure One


One of the most significant resolutions I made for this new year is to adventure more. To kick it off, yesterday I went on a bone collecting - turned
mountain climbing trip with two of my nature-loving pals. I don't typically enjoy going out on chilly rain days, and today I'm a little sore, bruised,
and scraped up. But, I'm very glad I didn't make the decision to crawl back into my warm bed.

The third photo is from a small, extremely old cemetery we stopped in first. I couldn't pass of snapping a photo of one of the markers.

Despite the few moments of panic I had from the height of the mountain, I had a really good time and I can't wait to do it again. Of course, in a more
prepared state. On my list of things to get is a pair of better shoes or boots, appropriate pants, and a different backpack that doesn't try and choke
me while I'm climbing rocks.

I intentionally left out/didn't take as many photos at the mountain to motivate me to go back soon. But, it's a truly fantastic site that I will definitely be
posting about again.

No comments:

Post a Comment